New Release Changelog: Kitsu 0.4.4

Hello all,

Current users of CGWire lack of information about what is new inside each release. So, I decided to do my best to publish each changelog on the forum. I will start from the 0.4.4 release of Kitsu. I am open to feedback about it, so feel free to comment and suggest any improvement.

Kitsu 0.4.4 changelog

• Remember search on asset or shot list when displaying a task page. It allows a smoother browsing experience.
  • Add a page to manage task status. That way you can add validation steps to the current process which is minimalist (To-do → WIP → Approval → Retake → WIP → Approval → Done)
  • Display original pictures when clicking on a thumbnail to be able to zoom on it without opening the related task page.
  • Fix bugs in edition modals for projects.
  • Fix shot sorting when there is no episode.

NB: Thank you Les Fées Spéciales and TNZPV for all the feedback!

1 Like

This is a great idea @frank, thanks for this. If I had one wish, it’d be that with each improvement or new feature you include a little demo of what it does and looks like. I think it’d really help get people tempted to try and get an impression of what’s inside before actually trying. Perhaps to better make up their mind.

The prime example of what I’m thinking about can be found in the Unreal Engine release notes, such as this one.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-4-18-released

I don’t use it, but just reading through this makes me want to use it. Perhaps the same can be true for CGWire. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep that’s a good idea. I just have to find a simple way to make my demos.